Saturday, October 08, 2005

People Showing "Luv"

Just home from a LONG drive back from my gig at Cafe Ole in Trenton. It was pouring buckets the whole way, but God blessed us with safe passage.

The crowd at Q'Nite was light and mostly older, but WOW! What a great crowd! They totally dug it and had nothing but supportive and the most encouraging things to say. I sang a lot of songs from my first CD that I hadn't performed in a long while and they dug those, too. I don't think people have any idea how much it means to an artist to know they are really feeling what you're putting out there. It makes everything worth it.

The crowd was light but I sold BOTH my CDs to nearly everyone there ... and a t-shirt, too. Not only that, but I "might" have just gotten a gig at next year's Trenton Pride out of it. They were going to recommend me.

This was a great night. It couldn't have been more laid back or relaxed and I didn't have to work my ass off 2 prepare 4 it like I did for my show last week at the Poconos.

And Mr. Adorable accompanied me. Have I mentioned lately how absolutely crazy fucking nuts I am about him? Yup. Life is good.

"Time doesn't slow down 4 those who dream." - Im A Robot, Scream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home